Summer is coming to an end. The kids are back in school and life is about to get crazy busy with everyone’s schedules. I speak from experience, I have a son who just started kindergarten and exchange student who is a senior in high school not to mention my husband and my schedules. A number my staff are parents too and face the same challenges. It really can be overwhelming.
Going over our family calendar, we often look for a window of time during the year to escape the schedules and spend quality time together. Admittedly, since I happen to run The Leadership Center, we don’t always choose T.L.C. (though sometimes we do, especially in the winter), we do seek out similar places to take in some rest, relaxation and time together. The point for us, is to get away from life’s distractions and connect as a family.
Many do not know that though we work with meetings, retreats and reunions, we also offer lots of opportunities for rest and relaxation for you and your family here at The Leadership Center. We’re a little place to come and escape the busy schedules and enjoy some time together. Whether it is staying in a lodge room and going swimming or fishing, or planning something a bit larger to include meals and more, we can do that. Gather together with just your family or maybe invite some close friends and their families along for a night or two. Come and enjoy our beautiful grounds and facilities.
A few of the amenities we offer families:
- all kinds of recreation: gym, pool, paddle boats, etc.
- catch & release fishing (you must be a registered guest)
- bonfires & s’mores
- cozy gathering room set-ups by the fireplace complete with board games
- delicious meals
- a walking path great for bike rides, walks and runs.
- a large area to play football or softball/baseball or kick around the soccer ball or fly kites.
- we’re just a 5 minute drive from the Edgerton Explorit Center, the Plainsman Museum, the shops up on the Square and the ball diamonds
- a quiet, serene and safe property
- and so much more.
We’d love the opportunity to care for you and your family.
Maile Ilac Boeder,
Here are some our past Leadership Log blogs, you may find interesting: