This past Saturday, we hosted the 2nd Annual Spooktacular Dash & Bash with one of our best partners, The Edgeton Explorit Center. We were blessed with a beautiful morning, great participants and wonderful costumes. Our courses featured views of The Leadership Center, Aurora’s great walking path and 3 prairies planted, developed and cared for by another wonderful T.L.C. partner, the Prairie Plains. Those who participated in the 5k, while familiar with running the walking path got to see some beautiful secrets the prairies and The Leadership Center have to offer. The kiddos who ran in the Kids Dash, got to run around the pond, through the prairie and over the bridge to the finish. Everyone’s races ended by the bonfire with s’mores and prizes. Since the weather was so beautiful, participants and families also got to enjoy some fun paddle boating and visiting. All Spooktacular participants also got tickets to the Edgerton’s Halloween Laser shows! Funds raised above event costs go to promoting science and leadership education. Overall, it was just a wonderful morning.
We want to thank the following:
- The Edgerton Explorit Center and their faithful leader, Mary, for partnering with us, stuffing bags, helping with day-of details, promotions and providing laser show tickets to all the Spooktacular participants. We absolutely love working with you and all that you do for our community and state.
- The Prairie Plains Research Institute for all you have done to develop,nurture, care for and educate on our beautiful prairies. They are some of Aurora’s hidden but beautiful gems. We’re so happy to feature them on our race courses. Thank your dedication and for sharing them with all of us!
- To The Leadership Center team for helping plan routes, stuff bags, answer questions, run registration and helping direct participants out on the course.
- To John & Chaz Boeder for helping mark the courses and to John for leading each of our races out on bike this year!
- To Road ID for donating the race bibs, ID prizes and info as well as bags for race packets and race marking tape. We so appreciate your promotion of running and safety!
- To all our participants. Races like these don’t come together overnight and even if they did, they’d be nothing but a marked route without all of you to come out and run it! Thank you for coming out and running on Saturday. Thank you for supporting The Edgerton Explorit Center and The Leadership Center and all we do! Thank you!!
For those of you who missed all the fun, be sure to click here to see some snap shots of the festivities.
Happy Halloween and thank you!
For more on the Spooktacular, click here.