A couple of weeks ago, we hosted our first Delectable Creations “Meal Planning & Prep Class” at the beginning of April. Our plan behind offering the class was empowering families to take their nights back. We wanted to teach a format that was both approachable and attainable. Given that most are inspired by what they see on Pinterest or Instagram or in the media, truth be told, those images can also be intidating, to say the least. Through the process of offering these classes, we were contacted by a few individuals that asked if they could just purchase the prepared meals. In true TLC nature, our answer was a resound “Yes” and “Meals Out The Door” was born.
“Meals Out The Door” is meant to aleviate the stress of evening meals. I don’t know about you but this how it goes in our house. About 2 p.m., John will text me, “Supper thoughts?”
I text back, “Yes we should definately have supper.”
“But what should we have?”
“I don’t know…what do we have?”
“I don’t know but I could go to the store on the way home from work.”
“Oh, goodness, doesn’t Jakob have practice until 6. Is Michael golfing today? I will get Chaz.”
“What should I get at the store?”
…..And it just continues. Once we figure it out, then we get home and we’re working through homework, feeding the pets and spending an hour making dinner to finally sit down to hungry, tired kids who just want food and a mom and a dad who just want to sleep.
So that might sound dramatic, but in our trial of this program, here is what we heard,
You have totally changed our nights. You gave them back to us. Thanks.
The food was delicious!
I don’t really like grocery shopping or cooking, but I do love my family. This just takes the stress our of our evenings. Thank you. Oh, and the food is awesome.
Here is how it works:
- Download the current order form Meals Out The Door Order Form or stop in and get one.
- Complete the form by:
- Select the number of people we are preparing meals for (i.e. 2 people to 6+people.)
- Select how many days of meals we are prepare for (as little as 2 days and as many as 6 days.)
- Then select your meals: Either select your Protien (P) and Side Dishes (S) or your One Pot Meals (O.P.M.)
- If your protein has a marinade option, select one.
- Select whether you’d like green leaf salad or a dessert to accompany your meals.
- Your Name & Phone Number
- Let us know if there are any special dietary needs we should be aware of. Please note, all meals can be made Gluten-Free.
- Submit your order by one of 4 ways and we will confirm reciept:
- Drop it by The Leadership Center office, 2211 Q Street, Aurora, NE 68818
- Call it in to 402-694-3934.
- Or scan and email it in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax your form to 402-694-6116.
- Your meals will be ready to pick up by 4:45 p.m. the next day unless arranged otherwise.
- Pick your meals up. We suggest having a large cooler to put your meals in though we can box them up if you’d like. All meals will be labled and include preparation instructions. We suggest taking your meals home and either refrigerating them or freezing them immediately.
- Enjoy your meals and your time with your family.
- Order again.
Meal Minumums: 2 people and 2 days worth of meals
- Meal Maximums: 10 people and 6 days worth of meals. For numbers above 10, ask to see our catering menus.
- Ordering Notes: We are happy to prepare meals for you any day of the week. We are hoping to get orders in on Thursday and have Monday pick-up. If Thursday & Monday do not work for you, no worries. Just give us a jingle.
- Ordering Form: As you will see, the order form currently available is for meals from now to May 10, 2019. We will change up menu offerings as in order to ensure you and your family have variety. If there is a meal you’d like to see on the menu, please let us know and we’ll see what we can do.
- Catering: We do onsite/offsite and pick-up & serve catering should you need any of these services. Services vary from appetizers, baked goods (yes we can do your holiday goodies baking) to complete meal service and event planning and coordination. To inquire, please call our office at 402-694-3934 and ask to talk with Micheala or Maile.
So there you have it. It’s pretty simple. You order. Our team prepares, cooks and packs it. You pick up and each night after a little warming in the oven, you and your family get your nights back over a delicious meal. Leave the shopping, chopping, cooking and pots & pan clean up to us. We are looking foward to serving you.
P.S. Truly, we are so excited about this program. Our goal at The Leadership Center is to create moments that matter. What’s more important than the time you have with your family? Nothing. Thank you in advance for allowing us to serve you in your home.
Have the best day,
Maile Ilac Boeder, IOM, Executive Director