Since it’s been almost a month since I started as one of the Fall Interns, I thought I would give an update of everything that I have been working on.
- One of the more constant tasks that I was assigned is to write a blog every Friday. I was out of the office all of last week so I did not upload one then, but I will every future week. There are various topics that I cover, such as current projects and events (like this one). I also like to talk about topics that are prevalent in the nonprofit community. In the past I have written about teamwork, the importance of volunteering, and child hunger.
- Email newsletters a.k.a. Eblasts. These help to update our subscribers about the events that took place during the month, along with upcoming events and important reminders. I help create these at the end of each month.
- Rental book. This will consist of items we have available for guests to rent. My task is to come up with different methods to publish it and then create it.
- Spooktacular 5k. I am currently working on marketing for this event. I will assist with the race when it takes place.
- Harvest Gala. One of the larger tasks that I will work on throughout the next two months is to attain auction items for our Harvest Gala on November 23. We are fundraising for safety equipment and facility improvement, and curriculum development. The auctions are made possible by amazing donors throughout communities in Nebraska and various other states.
The Leadership Center has a lot planned for the upcoming months and I am so excited to be a part of it.