- Reroof Ted Ward Lodge after being damaged in a hail and wind storm.
- Replacing outside lighting around the buildings.
- Installing outside lights by the sand volleyball courts, on the island, and by the walking path.
- Updating tech equipment throughout the building.
- Re-painting the gym.
- Updating the Kiewit Lodge rooms with paint, USB plugins, and linens.
- Purchasing travel catering ware for offsite catering.
This year we intend to do just the same, have fun, and raise funds for The Leadership Center. The NVAF Board of Director’s fundraising goals this year are $64,000.00. This year we are raising funds to reroof the east side of Mather Hall with a metal roof and continue to update safety equipment including 911 phones, first aid kits and AEDs throughout our 43 acre property.
Our executive director, Maile, also happens to turn 41 on the day of our Harvest Gala, November 23rd. We thought it would be fun to loop her birthday into the festivities. Over her nearly 11 years with us, we have seen lots of changes. She has worked tirelessly with the TLC Team and the NVAF Board of Directors to double guest numbers, bring new groups to TLC, add leadership education programs on and offsite, add educational internships for high school and college age students, form new partnerships, and to continue to create moments that matter for our nearly 50,000 guests from every county in Nebraska, every state in the US, and to date, 21 other countries this year.
With Maile turning the big 4-1, we thought we would ask donors to consider partaking in her birthday challenge. Along with attending this fun event, would you consider contributing an additional $41.00 to The Leadership Center’s fundraising efforts this year? Of course, we’ll take other versions of this such as $410.00 and $4100.00…but we digress. We sincerely hope you’ll consider joining us for the festivities and to make it a little more special by honoring Maile’s birthday with your gift.
We look forward to seeing you at the Harvest Gala. Tickets can be purchased here or by calling 402-694-3934. Thank you.
Just in case you needed a little more incentive, check out a few auction items to share with you:
- Husker Men’s Basketball Package: 2 Tickets to the Nebraska vs Michigan State Men’s Basketball game, February 20, 2020 @ 8:30 p.m., Section 104 Row 18, Signed Fred Hoiberg Picture, 1 Night’s lodging at The Downtown Marriot, Wine tasting at James Arthur Vineyards, Gift Certificate for dinner out
- Lincoln Family Package: 4 tickets to the Lincoln Zoo with 4 train ride passes, Gift certificate out to eat, Gift certificate to ice cream, Casey’s Gas Certificate
- Bourbon Aficionado Package: Kings Country Straight Bourbon, Balcones Texas Pot Still Bourbon, 1 year membership to Flaviar.com, Benshot Rocks Glasses
- Aurora Screen Printing Gift Package: Camo Bag, Stocking Cap, Embroidery Gift Certificate
- TLC Treats for A Year
Our Dessert Auction will feature delectable creations by:
- Grand Central Bakery
- Studio Cake Cakery
- Rabbit Hole Bakery
- Karen’s Creations
- The Leadership Center
- …and many more, we promise!
There will be many more great items to bid on at the Harvest Gala.
Those interested in donating to the cause or to the auctions, please contact Maile or Micheala at 402-694-3934.
See you there!