It has been a few very long months, friends. A feeling we know, we are not alone in feeling. According to the news though, we can begin to go out and about again. You know what that means? The Leadership Center is open! We couldn’t be more excited to have guests back in our building and on our property!!
As we are located in Hamilton County, we are currently under the Phase 1 Direct Health Measure (DHM) which means a number of things to us as the TLC team. BUT what does it mean for you, as our client?
Here is what we have to offer you all:
Meetings/Retreats/Reunions** with meals and refreshment services. We can offer meetings that fall within the current DHM. This means meetings of 10 people or less. We know this means small, but no less meaningful.
Meal service for meetings, we can serve you in your meeting space, outside on our patio (if weather permits) or in our dining room. Again, we have to follow the current DHM guidelines. We will be seating no more than 6 per table and capacity of that space can be no more than 50%. We will not be offering buffets per the current DHM and Covid-19 precautions. Refreshments will be individually plated, wrapped and be pre-set for your meeting. Our beverage station is available with disposable, single use glassware. Buffet or not, we will still offer wonderful, hearty & delicious food, great refreshments and the awesome service you’ve come to expect when here.
We are booking all events including but not limited to weddings, receptions, retreats, family reunions, camps, etc. We will be completely upfront with you if we do not feel we can meet your needs under the current DHM and Covid-19 precautions.
Lodging: should your meeting, retreat or reunion, require an overnight stay; we’d be more than happy to help you! We have hotel-style (inside entrance) lodge rooms and dorm/bunk-style lodging available. Please note that we are a retreat and conference center so our rooms do not have TV’s or phones in them. We do have complimentary internet in our lodge rooms and meeting spaces. Ken’s Motel right here in town is also accepting guests. Their number is 402-694-3141.
Pool Parties!!! Our pool is open…finally! Our pool parties will look a little different due to the current DHM and Covid-19 precautions. Pool parties are limited to no more than 10 swimmers and 5 chaperones (not swimming). We will not make any exceptions to this number under the current DHM. As was the policy before, all swimmers are required to take a swimsuit shower with soap before entering the pool. Our locker room showers do have an all-in-one shampoo/body wash in them or you can bring your own. It is imperative to help stop the spread of Covid-19 and other germs that all swimmers (no matter the age) shower before entering the pool. There will be towels available. We do not provide pool toys or life jackets. You are welcome to bring them. Pool toys and life jackets will have to be sanitized by a TLC staff person before going into our pool. The sanitizer we will be using is Betco OxyFect H, a peroxide disinfectant cleaner that is a virucidal, hospital disinfectant. We will sanitize the pool area and locker rooms between each party and will be booking no more than 3 pool parties a day to ensure cleanliness and water quality. Pool parties are $40 an hour and cannot exceed 2 hours. We will not be offering party rooms at this time unless your event was booked prior March 15, 2020/pre-Covid-19. We do not provide supervision or lifeguards in our pool area. Should your group need a lifeguard, please let The Leadership Center know and we will put you in contact with one. If one is booked, the booking party is required to pay life guard staff.
Catch & Release Fishing, Boating & Bonfires: We have a beautiful pond area with fish, turtles, frogs and more. We offer catch & release fishing, kayaks, canoes & paddle boats as well as a bonfire area. If you are looking for a fun outside family & friend adventure, consider booking some time on our pond! We’ll light the bonfire and provide the roasting sticks. You bring the s’mores, fishing poles and the people! Due to the current DHM and Covid-19 precautions, we are limiting groups to 10 people. Rental is $40 an hour and cannot exceed 3 hours. We will sanitize boats, paddles and life jackets (which are required by all if on a boat) in between groups and will be booking no more than 3 groups a day.
The summer food service program is back! The Lunch Bunch Lunch Program will resume Monday, June 8th from Noon-12:45 at the Lincoln Creek Trail Head just off of McCullough Lane. This program is for Hamilton County youth up to 18 years old. Lunches available for pick-up from 12:00 – 12:45pm Mon – Fri at the Trailhead. Once Hamilton County COVID-19 restrictions change, youth can eat lunch on-site and engage in a fun youth activity. While sign-up is not required, if you’d like to make sure we prepare enough, leave us a message at 402-694-3934 or at email@example.com. We will publish menus on Monday’s on The Leadership Center’s Facebook page. This program is offered in partnership with Prairie Plains Resource Institute, Hamilton County 4-H, Heartbeets Garden, the Aurora Mall, TLC’s D4LC programs and made possible by grants from the Hamilton Community Foundation and Heartland United Way.
We are still offering our awesome Meals Out the Door program. We do have in town delivery for a fee or curbside/on-location pick up! We are excited to be offering newly revised menu some new options including breakfast & bakery! Click here to see our menu and offerings. To place your Meals Out the Door order, please do one of the following:
- Call it in to 402-694-3934
- Text it to our director at 320-420-6424
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come in and order in person: Monday-Friday, 9-4:30 p.m.
We also have catering! If you are having a gathering coming up, big or small, and you’d like all the food prepared, we’d love to cook for you! All of our food, whether in house or catering are pre-pared in our state licensed kitchen. Give us a call at 402-694-3934 to share with us your vision for your event!
We have had lots of questions regarding protocols for events. Here are just a couple of the questions we’ve gotten and the answers. Should your questions not be covered here, please let us know.
- Are masks required?
- No, unless the host of your meeting requires them. As we are the facility, we are not mandating to our clients how to host their events. On our end, we will do our best to set things up to allow proper social distancing, clean and sanitize the meeting space before the meetings begins, maintain a clean facility and follow the current DHM if there is one.
- Are taking temperatures?
- If the host of the meeting requires taking temperatures, then that is up to them. They will have to provide their own equipment as well as conduct temperature taking.
- Will your staff be wearing masks?
- When social distancing is possible, no. When we serve meals or deal directly with clients where social distancing isn’t possible, yes.
- Are you temping your staff?
- As we are in the hospitality business, our team knows that their health is a priority to us. They are empowered to and encouraged to stay home with they are not feeling well. We did this before Covid-19 and will continue to do so after.
- What additional cleaning measure have you put into place?
- Again, as hospitality is our business, cleanliness goes hand in hand with that. We have taken extra precautions in our lodge rooms and rest rooms by performing extra cleaning and sanitizing measures. However, as before Covid-19, we will continue to do our best to keep our property and facilities clean and welcoming for all.
- Can you guarantee that we as a client will not come in contact with an individual exposed to Covid-19 while at your facility?
- All events will be required to sign a contract which will contain a waiver acknowledging the risk of possible Covid-19 transmission/exposure as well as liability waiver for any activities they or their guests partake in while at The Leadership Center.
- By entering The Leadership Center for an event or services, guests acknowledge and assume the risk and dangers of illness, disease, medical complications, injury or death caused by or related to Covid-19 or any other activities they partake in while at The Leadership Center.
- We do encourage that if you have been exposed or are not feeling well, that you stay home from your event.
All in all, we’re back and excited to be offering our services again! We know things are different. It’s okay, we’ve still got lots to offer. Give us a call to book your next event with us!
See you soon!
Maile Ilac Boeder, Executive Director