This year, the Hamilton Community Foundation, served as the major monetary sponsor, of the Summer Food Service Program. When we originally talked, we based expectations off of previous years. This meant that we planned for 20 to 25 kids for lunch, Monday through Friday. Each meal, we would provide a protien, a starch, a vegetable, a fruit and milk. We would do so, free of charge, to all Hamilton County youth, 18 years and younger.
- The Heartland United Way for their $1,500 Community Impact Grant
- Prairie Plains Resource Institute for allowing us to serve lunch, safely , on thier property.
- Heart Beets Community Garden for greens to add to the weekly salad cups we served.
- The Aurora Mall who donated a box of fresh fruit each week to be included in lunches.
- Hamilton County Extensino for providing activities to be included in the lunches for kids to do at home.
- Jenny Wyatt & family, Jane Nuss, and Chaz Boeder for volunteering to pack lunches. Also thank you for helping serve when needed.
- Thank you to Aurora Public Schools for helping get the word out about our program.
From the team here at The Leadership Center: this program means the world to us. We truly love that we get to serve our community in this way. Seeing all the kids each day and hearing their thoughts and stories just makes for a great day. We have also enjoyed getting to meet many of their parents too. Thank you to all for making this program happen this summer! We look forward to next year. Thank you!