The D4LC: Explore Conference is in its sixth year and is the foundational component to our leadership training program. Designed for youth and young adults, grades 6th through 12th, D4LC: Explore Conference consists of two days of leadership education, practice, and reflection in the areas of Community, Service, Relationships, Interpersonal Development, Gratitude, and more. We include an emphasis on professional etiquette, physical activity, and healthy lifestyles as well. D4LC: Explore Conference check-in will begin at 9 a.m. with the conference kicking off at 10:15 a.m. on Day 1. The conference will conclude at 4:00 p.m. on Day 2.
When designing this conference, we really took the time to think about where the important conversations happen and for most it is the car, the kitchen table and the living room. We designed the setup to embody the kitchen and the living room. We also took to heart the things we wished we had learned or saw folks teaching now. Instead of saying “this is what a leader looks like”, we ask, “Who are you? What makes you, you? And how can you lead as you are?” It’s simple, but in so many ways, it’s a game changer.
Schools and organizations can book Mobile Explore Sessions by calling 402-694-3934 and speaking with Maile.
2021 D4LC: Explore Conference Resources:
- Session Dates:
- Session #1: June 7-8, 2021 (29 spaces available) Online Registration
- Session #2: June 9-10, 2021 (40 spaces available) Online Registration
- Session #3: June 14-15, 2021 (40 spaces available) Online Registration
- Session #4: June 16-17, 2021 (40 spaces available) Online Registration
- Session #5: June 21-22, 2021 (40 spaces available) Online Registration
- Session #6: June 23-24, 2021 (40 spaces available) Online Registration
- Sessions are capped at 40 attendees.
- Conference Fee for Student Attendee: $150.00 & Conference Fee for Advisor/Chaperone: $160.00*
- *not required for student to attend.
- 2021 D4LC Explore Registration Packet
- D4LC Explore Packing List
- Sample D4LC: Explore Schedule
- Session Dates:
Other items to note:
- Cancellations with refund (payment above non-refundable down payment) will be accepted if made before final registration date listed for each session (Registration & Non-Refundable 50% Down Payment Due). No refunds will be made for cancellations after final registration date.
- We have some funds available due to a generous donor for those who cannot afford this conference but would like to attend. These will be decided a case by case while funds remain available. Please fill out this application if you have such a need. Scholarship Application
- Late registration will be allowed if there is space available and no waiting list. To check availability, please call 402-694-3934.
- If a session of D4LC:Explore or D4LC: Explore is cancelled due to Covid-19, a full refund will be made.
**D4LC’s have been done and can be done for professionals and young at heart. They can also be done offsite as a Mobile Explore. To host a D4LC or to inquire, please call 402-694-3934 and speak with Maile.
Disciplines 4 Leadership Communities is the umbrella for our leadership programs: Explore, FLEET, MAPS and more.