It is a three-day, hands-on, preparation conference for the future geared towards high school juniors and seniors.
Our focus is to offer opportunities to learn, try, and prepare for the future they want to create for themselves. If it’s college, certifications, apprenticeships or the workforce, our goal is to provide them with the tools to thrive in their communities.
During Stride Conference, attendees will have sessions on:
- planning for your future
- time management
- filling out applications: college, employment, rental agreements, etc.
- financial advisement: how to approach saving, budgeting, paying bills, building credit, FAFSA, etc.
- managing stress
- health & wellness
- professional etiquette including interviews, resumes, cover letters, professional emails and communications
- having hard conversations and dealing “terrible” people (albeit roommates, teammates, classmates…) and awful situations
- learning from differences, embracing change, and problem solving
- networking and making great connections
- learning about you, your strengths, weaknesses and how to navigate the world as YOU
- study skills and exam taking
- …and so much more!
While the three-day conference schedule is packed, attendees will get downtime to hang out, have fun, and make memories.
All conference attendees will receive 8 hours of virtual mentor time to be used during the year following the conference. Virtual mentor time consists of one-on-one phone calls via Facetime or Zoom with their assigned D4LC Staff Mentor. It’s time to work through interview anxiety, asking application questions, encouragement, and more.
2021 Stride Conference:
- Session # 1: June 17-19, 2021
- Session #2: June 24-26, 2021
- Session #3: August 6-8, 2021
- Registration opens January 1, 2021.
- Sessions are limited to 40 attendees each.
Disciplines 4 Leadership Communities is the umbrella for our leadership programs: Explore, FLEET, MAPS and more.