The Leadership Center Internship Opportunities
The areas that we offer internships in are:
- Education: Over the years, we have developed a number of educational offerings under our Disciplines 4 Leadership Communities Programs. They vary from 2-day leadership conferences to day-camps, week long camps to partnership camps with the Edgerton Explorit Center and everything in between. We are currently offering two types of opportunities under our D4LC Programs:
- D4LC Facilitator: help research and develop curriculum for our various D4LC programs. Facilitators also help facilitate and execute all D4LC summer programs. For more information, click here.
- D4LC Orienteer: serves as part “camp counselor”, part recreation manager, and part fun makers! D4LC Orienteers live in the dorms, assist in creating community, and help insure our attendees are seen, heard, and included. For more information, click here.
- General Business: Our general internship allows our intern to experience all areas of our business including the different departments, payroll, ordering, marketing, event management, program facilitation, client relations and more. This is a great experience to understand how a business functions, how to navigate client needs, and how to operate a multifaceted non-profit business. For more information, click here.
- Hospitality: The Leadership Center is the site of weddings, conferences, meetings, and more. Our hospitality intern gains hands-on experience in event planning, event set-up/execution/tear-down, contracting, sales, reservations, and more. For more information, click here.
- Culinary: Our kitchen intern gains valuable experience in our full service kitchen. They will have opportunities to do ordering, menu development, small class instruction, baking and more. We produce all the meals for our guests on property as well as cater off property events, Farmer’s Markets, and more. For more information, click here.
While all interns start out somewhere in our Summer Intern Programs, many have been offered opportunities to extend their internships or become a valuable part of our team. We will begin accepting Internship Applications on February 1, 2021 with the intent that all intern will be hired by mid-April. For those who need it, room and board could be included but you must be willing to have a roommate. Should you have any questions, please call our Executive Director, Maile Ilac Boeder, IOM at 402-694-3934.
If you would like to apply, please fill the application out, be sure to mention what position you are applying for. Then return your completed application and a resume to The Leadership Center, 2211 Q St (E Highway 34), Aurora, NE 68818.
The Leadership Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those who work with us, find the opportunity enjoyable, challenging and rewarding.