It is a three-day, hands-on, preparation conference for the future geared towards high school juniors and seniors.
Our focus is to offer opportunities to learn, try, and prepare for the future they want to create for themselves. If it’s college, certifications, apprenticeships or the workforce, our goal is to provide them with the tools to thrive in their communities.
During Stride Conference, attendees will have sessions on:
- planning for your future
- time management
- filling out applications: college, employment, rental agreements, etc.
- financial advisement: how to approach saving, budgeting, paying bills, building credit, FAFSA, etc.
- managing stress
- health & wellness
- professional etiquette including interviews, resumes, cover letters, professional emails and communications
- having hard conversations and dealing “terrible” people (albeit roommates, teammates, classmates…) and awful situations
- learning from differences, embracing change, and problem solving
- networking and making great connections
- learning about you, your strengths, weaknesses and how to navigate the world as YOU
- study skills and exam taking
- …and so much more!
While the three-day conference schedule is packed, attendees will get downtime to hang out, have fun, and make memories.
All conference attendees will receive 8 hours of virtual mentor time to be used during the year following the conference. Virtual mentor time consists of one-on-one phone calls via Facetime or Zoom with their assigned D4LC Staff Mentor. It’s time to work through interview anxiety, asking application questions, encouragement, and more. They will also receive an undated Moleskin Planner and Journal.
2021 Stride Conference:
- Session # 1: June 17-19, 2021
- Session #2: June 24-26, 2021
- Session #3: August 6-8, 2021
Other items to note:
- Cancellations with refund (payment above non-refundable down payment) will be accepted if made before final registration date listed for each session (Registration & Non-Refundable 50% Down Payment Due). No refunds will be made for cancellations after final registration date.
- We have some funds available due to a generous donor for those who cannot afford this conference but would like to attend. These will be decided a case by case while funds remain available. Please fill out this application if you have such a need. Scholarship Application
- Late registration will be allowed if there is space available and no waiting list. To check availability, please call402-694-3934.
- If a session of Stride Conference or Stride Conference is cancelled due to Covid-19, a full refund will be made.
Disciplines 4 Leadership Communities is the umbrella for our leadership programs: Explore, FLEET, MAPS and more.