STRIDE Conference is a two-day, hands-on, preparation conference for the future geared towards high school juniors, seniors, and students that just graduated high school. Partnered with this two-day conference are 8 1-hour Zoom Sessions throughout the school year and 8 hours of mentorship. This is our third year of offering this opportunity!
Our focus is to offer opportunities to learn, try, and prepare for the future they want to create for themselves. If it’s college, certifications, apprenticeships or the workforce, our goal is to provide them with the tools to thrive in their communities.
During STRIDE Conference, attendees will have sessions on:
- planning for your future
- time management
- filling out applications: college, employment, rental agreements, etc.
- financial advisement: how to approach saving, budgeting, paying bills, building credit, FAFSA, etc.
- managing stress
- health & wellness
- professional etiquette including interviews, resumes, cover letters, professional emails and communications
- having hard conversations and dealing “terrible” people (albeit roommates, teammates, classmates…) and awful situations
- learning from differences, embracing change, and problem solving
- networking and making great connections
- learning about you, your strengths, weaknesses and how to navigate the world as YOU
- study skills and exam taking
- …and so much more!
While the two-day conference schedule is packed, attendees will get downtime to hang out, have fun, and make memories.