traverse /trav-erse/ (noun) means to come, go through and come out on the other side, changed.
Through their weeklong Camp Traverse journey, campers will be provided with experiential learning opportunities that introduce them to several disciplines, topics and people…all while making memories, meeting new friends and of course, having fun.
Camp Traverse has been intentional by keeping things small and community based at it’s core, limiting session attendance to 25 campers. This unique set-up allows campers to shine individually as well as work collaboratively, freely and safely in small groups and as a community.
Leadership areas of discipline to be traversed:
- Dreams and Goals: learning the differences between them, the steps to discovery, discipline, and the path to potential success.
- Service: planning and facilitating a service project with a team.
- Communication: the arts of conversation, encouragement, giving and receiving constructive criticism, and telling your story.
- Connections: how to build meaningful relationships, mentorships, and networks
- Perspective: learning self-awareness and understanding your emotions by evaluating situations, your actions and words, in hopes to discover their lessons, wisdom, and value.
- Creativity: discovering what nurtures your well-being, your happiness and inspires you. Whether it is writing, painting, crafting, speaking, etc., we’re going to give you space to discover.
- Leadership Basics: You can’t come to a leadership camp without working on speaking, writing, handshakes, meal etiquette, introductions and real life & digital kindness.
We’ll also have plenty of time for all the good old-fashioned camp fun like:
- paddle boating/kayaking
- and adventuring.
Everyday, there will be a “Get Active” session where campers will have facilitated activities to wake up the senses including activities like fishing, water aerobics, yoga, walking or running, etc.
Campers will gather together for all meals, coffee shop & care, bonfires and other designated activities such as movie night, star gazing, pranking Kurt, and more.
Camp Traverse is for youth in grades 7 to 12. Each session is limited to 25 campers. Campers are able to attend more than one session. Those who stay over the weekend in between sessions will have opportunities to do laundry, call home, and enjoy some downtime before the next batch of campers arrive. Meals will be served over the weekend and camp staff will be available.
Camp check-in begins at 9:00 a.m. on Monday morning at The Leadership Center.
Camp will begin at 10:30 a.m.
Camp concludes on Friday at 3 p.m.
2022 Traverse dates will be released in January 2022.